2 an observer who perceives visually; "an incurable seer of movies"
- Rhymes: -ɪə(r)
EtymologyFrom the verb to see.
someone who sees something; an eyewitness
someone who foretells the future
- German: Seher
Seer may refer to:
- A clairvoyant or a prophet
- Seer (Charmed), a fictional character on the television series Charmed
- Seer fish, a group of sea fish varieties that are popular in South Asia
- Seer (album), album by Lamb (Music Mill) (1990)
- Seer (unit), a customary unit of mass and capacity in Asia
- The title for volunteers who created fiction and events for the MMORPG Ultima Online
- Seasonal energy efficiency ratio, used to rate the efficiency of air conditioners
- The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) program of the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Cassandra, Don Quixote, Druid, Quixote, TV-viewer, astrologer, augur, authority, beholder, bird-watcher, bystander, calamity howler, clairvoyant, crystal gazer, daydreamer, divinator, diviner, divineress, doctor, dreamer, dreamer of dreams, drugstore cowboy, elder, elder statesman, enthusiast, escapist, eyewitness, forecaster, foreknower, foreseer, foreshower, foreteller, fortune-teller, fortuneteller, gaper, gazer, gazer-on, geomancer, girl-watcher, goggler, great soul, guru, haruspex, idealist, illuminate, intellect, intellectual, kibitzer, looker, looker-on, lotus-eater, lover of wisdom, mahatma, man of intellect, man of wisdom, mandarin, master, mastermind, mentor, observer, ogler, onlooker, oracle, palmist, perceiver, percipient, philosopher, predictor, prefigurer, presager, prognosticator, prophesier, prophet, prophet of doom, prophetess, psychic, pythoness, rabbi, religious prophets, rhapsodist, rishi, romancer, romantic, romanticist, sage, sapient, savant, scholar, seeress, sibyl, sidewalk superintendent, soothsayer, spectator, spectatress, spectatrix, starets, televiewer, television-viewer, thinker, utopian, utopianist, utopianizer, vates, video-gazer, viewer, visionary, watcher, weather prophet, wise man, wise old man, wishful thinker, witness